Road Trip 2007 : Honda Odyssey Fuel Consumption Revisited
Motel Cafe Lounge
Originally uploaded by istargazer.
I was working on calculating the fuel consumption data for our 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring during our trip to Oregon when I realized that I had some data from our road trip last year that I don't remember blogging. Unfortunately, the data only includes the first half our trip all the way to Washington, DC but not the data on the way back. I got sidetracked and lost motivation to enter the rest of the information.
However, I think the information is valuable so you can check out the specifics for each fill-up here: Honda Odyssey Fuel Consumption - Road Trip 2007
Combined (City/Highway) Fuel Consumption Summary: Vancouver - Thunder Bay - Washington, DC
- Total distance traveled: 3472.2km + 4689.0km = 8161.2km (6071.11 miles)
- Total fuel used: 919 L (243 gallons)
- Average speed: 90 km/h (56 mph)
- Best observed fuel consumption: 9.9 L/100km (24.1 mpg)
- Worst observed fuel consumption: 14.7L/100km (16.2 mpg)
- Average fuel consumption: 11.5 L/100km (21.2 mpg)
- Total cost of fuel: $778.74 (Canadian dollar calculated at par)
...two adults and four kids (1, 5, 6, 8) and 4 car seats. The cargo area was also completely stacked to the top of the 3rd row seats with luggage and an electric cooler as well a 17" laptop and a bevy of batteries and chargers for all our electronic gadgets and toys.
On top of that (literally) we had our Thule Evolution 1800 cargo box that carried a stroller, sleeping bags and additional luggage. On the way home we were fully maxed out and no more room to carry anything else!
It's also interesting to note the price of gasoline last summer. At less than $0.90 /L that's more 50% less than the $1.50 it costs now!
Post a Comment